What if you could eat cookie dough, without worrying about the raw eggs. Well the future is here, and now you can with sous vide cooking.
- 1 large egg, still in the shell
- 160g butter, slightly softened
- 100g white sugar
- 100g light brown sugar (brown is okay too, but light is smoother)
- 5g vanilla extract
- 5g salt (about 1 tsp)
- 200g flour
- 150g chocolate chips (mini works best)
- Pre-heat a water bath to 135°F (57.2°C).
- Place the flour in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 45-55 seconds to get the flour to around 155°F. Remove and let cool.
- Place the egg in the water bath and cook for 75 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Combine the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and pasteurized egg and mix well to combine with a stand mixer. Stir in the flour until it is completely combined. Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls and serve in a bowl or on a plate, I use an ice cream scoop to knock them out quick and to get a consistent size.
- Makes about 30-36 1.5″ cookie dough balls.
Source: Modernist Cooking Made Easy