One of our favorite dishes that features Quinoa. This dish also reheats pretty well and makes for a healthy addition to the lunchbox.
- 1 teaspoon avocado/olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable/chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Mix quinoa into onion mixture and cover with broth; season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes; mix in the black beans and cilantro.
Source: All Recipes