This rainbow of color is sure to spruce up your table and provide a change of pace compared to a regular vegetable spread. When done properly the layer of cheese makes this smell like a delicious pizza.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic and sauté in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).
- While the onion and garlic are sautéing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.
- Spray the inside of an 8×8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Source: Budget Bytes