- 4 ounces coarsely ground coffee
- 4 cups cold water
- Milk, half-and-half, or water
- Place the coffee grounds in a 2-quart pitcher, add the water, and stir to combine. Cover and let steep at room temperature for at least 12 hours and up to 1 day.
- Filter grounds using a french press. Discard the grounds and the contents of the strainer.
- Wash and dry the pitcher. Transfer the strained coffee into the pitcher.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- For each cup of iced coffee, dilute the concentrate with an equal portion of milk, half-and-half, or water.