As crazy as it may sound, this simple recipe was new to me. I have made it twice in the last few weeks and won’t buy the gravy packets ever again.
- 1/4 cup pan drippings (bacon drippings or sausage drippings)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk, room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium-high heat, combine bacon or sausage drippings and flour; brown flour, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Gradually add the milk or cream, stirring constantly until all is added
- Cook until the gravy is smooth and thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over biscuits, fried chicken or with breakfast burritos.
Source: What’s Cooking America