These scary looking mushrooms are covered in little honeycomb pockets to trap all of the butter and flavors. These will be unlike any other mushroom you are used to eating from the grocery store.
- 1/4 pound fresh morel mushrooms
- 1 cups flour, or more as needed for dredging
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 stick of butter, or as needed for frying
- Soak the morels in salted cold water for a few about 15 minutes. Remove from water and lightly pat dry.
- If the morels are large, slice them in half lengthwise.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Dredge the mushrooms completely in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a good amount of butter in a heavy skillet. When the butter is bubbly, add the mushrooms and pan-fry until the morels are golden brown and crispy.
Source: Food 52