This simple recipe makes a dough that can be used for pizza, breadsticks, garlic knots, calzones etc. Simple, tasty and fool-proof.
- 22.5 ounces (about 4 1/2 cups) bread flour, plus more for dusting
- .5 ounces (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) sugar
- .35 ounces kosher salt (about 1 tablespoon)
- .35 ounces (about 2 teaspoons) instant yeast
- 1.125 ounces Extra Virgin olive oil (about 3 tablespoons)
- 15 ounces lukewarm water (microwave for about 60-75 seconds)
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in bowl of food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times until incorporated. Add olive oil and water. Run food processor until mixture forms ball that rides around the bowl above the blade, about 10-15 seconds. Continue processing 15 seconds longer.
- Transfer dough ball to lightly floured surface and knead once or twice by hand until smooth ball is formed. Divide dough into three even parts and place each in a covered quart-sized deli container or in a zipper-lock freezer bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least 1 day, and up to 5. Remove from refrigerator, shape into balls, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours before baking.
- Makes enough dough for 3 12″ pizzas, or divide into 2 for my garlic knot recipe.
Source: Serious Eats