Sometimes you want a little snack, or big snack, but you still want it to be filling and if it is also healthy that doesn’t hurt. So here we are, the cookies aren’t as dry and chewy as traditional cookies, but are still quite good for being made from vegetables.
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 2 cup pureed)
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 scoop (70 grams) Vanilla Protein Powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sweet potatoes in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are completely soft. Then let cool. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes away from skin and place in a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until soft.
- Add almond butter, egg, honey and vanilla and mix well. Then add protein powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out batter and place on a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Do not overcook.