One thing shared by everyone is a busy morning routine, simplify your life and eat something healthier than a pop-tart. This simple quiche reheats quickly and is calorie dense, change the extras to keep your taste buds guessing.
- 8 oz. (227 grams) Bacon (diced)
- 6 fl. oz. (180 mL) Heavy Cream
- 6 fl. oz. (180 mL) Milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp. (3 grams) Salt
- 1/4 tsp. (0.5 grams) Ground Pepper
- 4 oz. (113 grams) Cheese(s) – Cheddar, Asiago, Parmesan – your choice
- 9 oz. (225 grams) Basic Pie Dough (optional)
- Anything else that sounds good to mix in Broccoli, Peppers, Ham, Onions etc.
- In a medium saute pan, cook bacon, remove from pan and set aside.
- Whisk together cream, milk, and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold the bacon and cheese into the custard mix.
- Place the quiche pan on a sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) for 40-45 minutes.
Note: If you are not using the pastry crust, butter a shallow casserole dish and place bacon and cheese filling on the bottom. Proceed to pour custard mixture over the top of the mixture and bake for about an hour.
Source: The Professional Chef