After visiting a local Thai restaurant, I am on a pursuit to recreate the salad they offer with entrees. This one is a little different, but I like it quite a bit and isn’t as sweet.
Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (one lime)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1-inch square piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cups chopped Napa cabbage
- 1 cup prepared shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
For the salad, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients except for the cilantro in a blender and process until completely smooth. Add the cilantro and blend for a few seconds until the cilantro is finely chopped.
Refrigerate the salad and dressing until ready to serve, serve salad with dressing drizzled on top.
Source: Once Upon A Chef