We don’t break out this recipe often, because it is pretty much an actual cake, but made pancake sized and somehow allowed for breakfast.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot, freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably dutch-processed)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered Sugar, Whipped Cream, Fruit for toppings (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine coffee and cocoa. Whisk until the cocoa is dissolved, then add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla and beat the eggs lightly.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients all at once, just enough to blend.
- Fold in chocolate chips and let rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cook on a lightly oiled pan/griddle around 375 degrees using ~ 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
- Dust with sugar or add additional toppings.
Source: The Pancake Handbook