This recipe needs no introduction, a childhood favorite for many. Chocolate no bake cookies, a favorite of my wife and one of the few treats I can make anytime and not get in trouble.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (quick oats preferred)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add the oats and the peanut butter to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Set out an area for the cookies to cool on silicone baking mats.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, butter, cocoa powder and salt over medium heat. Stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Place a candy thermometer in the saucepan and, stirring frequently, bring the mixture to 235 degrees Fahrenheit, and then take it off the stove immediately.
- Pour the cocoa mixture into the mixing bowl containing the oats and peanut butter. Stir well to thoroughly combine the ingredients, working quickly, so the mixture does not begin to set in the bowl.
- Drop cookies by the heaping tablespoonful onto the silicone baking mat you set out earlier. Place in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling, wait as long as you can before eating 0-60 minutes.
Source: Food 52