What a great way to use up those extra bananas your kid had to have, but then wouldn’t eat. Made with natural fruit so it has to be healthy right?
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup unsalted Butter
- 6 ripe Bananas
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 1/2 cups Cake Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add bananas and mash with potato masher until the large chunks of banana are broken up. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and beat until well mixed. Stir in the vanilla extract and the chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into banana mixture until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle Turbinado sugar on top.
- Cool on rack for 10 min. before removing from pans. Place on wire rack to finish cooling. Keeps wrapped in plastic for up to one week.
Source: Food 52Tags: banana bread, bread, chocolate chip bread