My glazed carrots recipe is one of the more popular recipes on the blog so I looked at adding some more options. These glazed sweet potatoes are much easier and reheat well the next day.
- 2 1/2 lbs. large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and peeled
- 4 oz. unsalted butter (1 stick / 8 tablespoons), melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the ends off the potatoes and slice into 1″ wide lengthwise wedges.
- Place on a large baking dish in a single layer and brush or pour on butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and preheat the broiler.
- Brush the potatoes with the butter from the pan and sprinkle brown sugar over all the potatoes. You could also let them cool a little and then toss in a bowl to get better coverage.
- Return dish to oven and place under broiler until caramelized.
Source: Thomas Keller – Ad Hoc at HomeTags: glazed, glazed sweet potatoes, keller, oven sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes, thomas keller