We love donuts at our house, I finally broke down a bought a donut pan. Our first attempt were these moist pumpkin donuts, there will be more on the way like chocolate chip or apple cider.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease standard doughnut pan.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder until smooth.
- Add the flour, stirring just until smooth.
- Fill the wells of the doughnut pans about 3/4 full; use a scant 1/4 cup of batter in each well.
- Bake the doughnuts for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and after about 5 minutes, loosen their edges, and transfer them to a rack to cool.
- While the doughnuts are still warm, brush them lightly with melted butter and toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Source: King Arthur Flour