My love for brisket has only recently come about. A local BBQ restaurant started to offer a full-cut brisket option so I decided to give it a try. It is so tender and juicy, reheats well and is probably my favorite smoked meat to date.
- 3 – 4 Tablespoons Olive oil or 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 cup Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbs Fresh Ground Black Pepper – I use 16 mesh per. Aaron Franklin
- 4-5 lbs. Beef Brisket (Flat Cut)
- Preheat a large container of water to 155°F using your sous vide circulator.
- Pat dry the brisket and lightly coat with oil or mustard.
- Apply salt and pepper to all sides of the brisket (You can use your favorite rub here instead as well).
- Place the brisket into a ziplock or vacuum sealed bag and remove all the air.
- Place sealed bag with brisket inside into container.
- Cook the brisket for 24 to 36 hours.
- Remove from water bath and smoke in your smoker for 2-3 hours at 275°F – 300°F to add the smoky taste.
- Let rest for at least 30 minutes and enjoy.
Source: Serious EatsTags: beef brisket, brisket, smoked brisket, smoker, sous vide, sousvide