Baked beans are a relatively new addition to my menu, but I found this recipe and it has way more flavor than the cans or any restaurant ones I have tried.
- 200g (7.1 oz.) Navy beans, dry
- 360g (1.5 cups) Water
- 80g Tomato paste
- 40g Molasses
- 40g Brown sugar
- 10g (2 tsp.) Salt
- 16g Garlic, clove
- 12g Worcestershire sauce
- 8g (1.5 tsp.) Mustard powder
- 5g (1 tsp.) Baking soda
- 1g Black pepper, course ground
- 200g Sweet onion, medium dice
- 240g (8oz.) Bacon, 1.5 cm cubes
- 32g Apple cider vinegar
- Soak 200 g dry navy beans for at least six hours per directions on the bag. Strain and reserve the beans.
- Combine water, tomato paste, molasses, brown sugar, salt, garlic, Worcestershire, mustard powder, baking soda and black pepper for sauce in the pressure cooker and mix.
- Add navy beans and onion to the pressure cooker.
- Cook at full pressure for 25 minutes, when finished, remove the pressure cooker from the heat source and let it cool enough to depressurize.
- Add the cubed bacon to the baked beans in the pressure cooker and cook again for 3 minutes on high pressure.
- Stir the vinegar into the baked beans just before serving.
Source: Chef StepsTags: baked beans, bbq baked beans, pressure cooker beans