These cookies are one of my all time favorites: rich, sweet and a soft chewy texture. Don’t worry you can make them all year and not just around the holidays.
- 1 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive/vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
- In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa, granulated sugar, and oil.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and stir in vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; then stir into the cocoa mixture.
- Cover the dough and let cool in fridge for at least 4 hours, don’t skip this.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and roll dough into 1-inch balls (I use a disher to get close).
- Coat each ball with confectioners sugar before placing on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, closer to 10 and they will be a little more like brownies.
Source: Food 52Tags: brownie cookies, chocolate crinkle cookies, christmas crinkle, crinkle cookies, holiday cookies