This is less of a complete recipe and more of an excellent foundation to build a granola with all of your favorite ingredients. Combinations and add-ins are endless, you may find yourself sneaking some before bed as a treat, seriously.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup hulled raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup hulled raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 1/4 cup raw pecans, broken/chopped
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp Coarse salt + some pinches at the end
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread granola mixture in an even layer or large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove and lightly salt, let cool and store in an air tight container or up to a month.
Plan on making this again and start adding more dried fruit, honey instead of syrup, extra seeds & nuts.
Source: Food 52Tags: granola, homemade granola, oats, pumpkin seeds