A significantly healthier option compared to most of the recipes on the site, these scones are moist with a light crunch on top.
- 9 oz. (255g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbs. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. (4g) Kosher Salt
- 2 oz. (55g) Unsalted Butter, cold and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 oz. (170g) Chocolate, chopped or morsels, approx. 1 cup
- 2 oz. (55g) Milk, approx. 1/4 cup
- 6 oz. (170g) Heavy Cream, approx. 3/4 cup
- Turbinado sugar
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat to 400°F (204°C).
- Sift flour into a medium bowl, then whisk in baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add butter and smash into butter until you get a coarse meal texture.
- Add milk chocolate and stir to combine.
- Stir in milk and cream to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a circle of desired thickness.
- Sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar, and cut into triangles with a chef’s knife.
- Arrange on a parchment-lined half sheet pan and bake until puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.
Source: Serious Eats