With some time and practice you can have crispy diner style potatoes at home. Duck fat has a higher smoke point and allows for the potatoes to cook hotter and increases the browning.
- 1 tbs. duck fat or butter
- 2 cup diced potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- a few shakes garlic salt
- Clean and dice potatoes.
- Boil potatoes until a fork can be easily inserted.
- Add duck fat or butter into a 12″ skillet and melt on medium high heat.
- Add potatoes, paprika and some of the salt. Toss to combine while it cooks and stir every few minutes.
- Cook until most of the potatoes are brown crispy about 20 minutes, reducing the heat as time goes on to just below medium.
- Add a little salt and pepper and serve.
Additionally, you can add some onion and ground sausage to turn this into the base of a great skillet meal.
Source: MeTags: breakfast potatoes, potatoes, skillet breakfast, skillet meal