These little french cakes are the perfect snack size and have a similar texture to the top of a traditional muffin.
- 68 grams All-purpose flour (1/4 cup + 3 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2.2 grams Baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- 0.6 gram Kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 83 grams Egg (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon)
- 55 grams Granulated sugar (1/4 cup + 1 1/4 teaspoons)
- 66 grams Unsalted butter (2.3 oz ~ 4.5 tablespoons)
- 9 grams Dark brown sugar (2 teaspoons)
- 9 grams Clover Honey (1 1/4 teaspoons)
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a small bowl. Wisk in salt.
- Combine eggs and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and wisk on medium-high for 1 minute. Increase speed to high and wisk for 4 minutes or when the batter roughly doubles.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter, and dissolve brown sugar and honey. Remove from heat.
- Fold in half of the dry ingredient until combined. Add remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour the warm butter mixture over the batter and lightly fold until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours. Butter madeleine pan with butter and place in fridge as well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place 20 grams of batter into each of the 12 molds.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes when tops are lightly browned (bottoms will darken faster) and a wonderful hump will rise from the top.
Source: Thomas Keller – Bouchon BakeryTags: french cakes, madeleine, madeleines