Your patience will be rewarded with many tender and delicious rib bones to feast on after making these awesome ribs.
- 2 – 4 large racks of pork ribs
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tbs 16 mesh black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 spray bottle with a mixture of water/apple juice or apple cider vingear (equal parts)
- Light your smoker and aim for a temp of 250 degrees, don’t forget your favorite wood chunks for flavor
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl / shaker
- Prep ribs by removing silverskin if necessary and cutting in half to make them easier to work with
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of all the ribs and lightly coat with dry rub
- Add ribs to smoker and cook for 2 hours
- After 2 hours, remove from grill and spritz with apple cider vinegar mixture. Then wrap each piece in foil tightly.
- Cook for 1 addition hour while wrapped
- After 1 hour remove from foil and place back on smoker for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Every 30 minutes check for doneness by the bend test or if they feel like they could almost pull apart.
Source: Jesse Thomann