The classic baked potato with a soft interior and slightly crispy outside.
- Baked potatoes (washed)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs. salt
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons salt in 1/2 cup water in large bowl.
- Toss potatoes in salted water
- Bake until center of largest potato registers 205 degrees, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove potatoes from oven and brush with oil. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven season with your favorite toppings.
Source: America’s Test Kitchen