Asparagus is one of those items I never came near, however my wonderful wife has helped prepare these in a variety of ways and now I look forward to eating them.
- Asparagus – 5 pieces per serving
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Bacon – 1 strip per serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and pat dry asparagus
- Trim asparagus stalks, starting at the bottom make cuts going up towards the head. When the knife resistance changes, stop and discard the stems.
- Brush asparagus with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Group asparagus in bunches of 5 and wrap the bacon around the stalks in spiral pattern.
- Place wrapped asparagus on baking rack with the bacon ends on the bottom to keep the ends tucked.
- Season bacon wrapped asparagus with pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then use the broiler on high for 5 minutes.