A perfect way to complement many entrees and a low effort way to use up all of the extra garden tomatoes. Perfect with some crusty bread or add some cheese and chop for a little bruschetta.
- 6-8 ripe tomatoes, cored and halved
- about 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Set slow cooker to high
- Place cut tomatoes in slow cooker with cut side up
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over the top of each tomato
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours
- Let rest, season with additional salt and pepper. Serve on crusty bread.